Paint the UK Pink

Saturday 27 July 2013

Beauteco Box comes through

As I mentioned, I was having trouble registering for a Beauteco Box. My address wasn't conducive to getting on there but with help from a lovely lady called Natalie - I am sorted!


So, now I am signed up for Birchbox, Glossybox and Beauteco Box. The first two seem to be quite similar in their approach. You fill in an online survey as to your skin and hair type, what kinds of products you would spend the most on and with that information they will select things for you.


I have already got my July Birchbox which is STILL unopened as I am waiting for F to get her bum into gear so we can open them together. I did ask customer services at Birchbox if we can make a video about the contents as I wasn't sure about their policy and got a lovely email back saying that it wasn't a problem at all. + 1 for their customer services already, the email came back the same day.


I haven't got my Glossybox yet as I only just found out about all these things in the last few days so I think I will miss July's and start with the August box with them.


The Beauteco Box works slightly differently and this is where I think it may come into its own. With the previous two, you get surprises. With Beauteco Box, you get to choose your box from their boutique. As there are only 3 boxes left (I don't know how many they are going to be offering per month) you can actually see what is in the box before hand and decide which is the best one for you. I know it takes some of the surprise out of it, but for a beginner like me, I really like this idea.


I think by giving myself the option of 3 boxes to start off with, I am going to give myself the best possible chance of finding two that are suitable for me and F.


I quite like the idea of choosing one box and having a surprise box. I must admit to having a look on YouTube and this month's Birchbox (which remains UNOPENED, grrr) is looking fantastic. I haven't had a look at any of the July Glossybox videos but I think I am going to give them a whirl this morning.


One box I would love to try is the ipsy
bag but as far as I can work out, it isn't available in the UK. Saying that, I think 3 a month is more than enough to start off with!

No comments:

Post a Comment